Length Overall 8.125 m 26’
Beam Overall (extended) 3.7 m 11’6”
Beam Overall (trailer) 2.5 m 8’3”
Weight (light ship) 2,500 kg
Draft (fully loaded) 0.75 m
Fresh water capacity 500l
Sail Area (genoa) 25 m2
Sail Area (optional Code 0) 28 m2
Power under motor 2 x 6KW 2 x 9.9HP
Batteries – Lithium LiFePO4 2, 4 or 6 175 / 9kWh
Range under motor 35 nm at 4 knots
- Electric Propulsion, Zero Emissions
- All waste water is stored in tanks in the hulls
- 10m2 of solar panels charge the batteries
- Propellers generate power when sailing
The Nutshell 26 generates no pollution whatsoever
- 9Kg Vulcan anchor with bow roller
- Deck discharge fitting
- Cooler box in deck
- Garbage storage in deck
- Clip-off plumbing and electrical connections
- Optional passerelle & lift lines
- 6 x life-jackets
- 6 man life raft
- Fire extinguisher
- Flares & fire blanket
- Fog horn
- Bulkhead compass (Plastimo)
- Hand-held VHF radio
- Tablet with boat management software
- Charts in clear cover
- 2 x Chargers
- 4 x 400W solar panels
- Optional 4 x 200W on extension panels
- 2 x MPPT solar charge controllers
- 6 x LED lights
- 4 x LED strip lights
- Tricolour nav lights
- Anchor light
- 2 x 220V 2-pin plug points
- 4 x 12v 2-pin plug points
- 2 x 5V USB charge points
- 2 x 6kW electric pod motors ePropulsion Evo 6
- Dual engine controls
- Engine management system
- Fresh water pressure pump & accumulator cylinder
- Shore power cable and socket
- 2 x Electric bilge pump
- 2 x Manual bilge pump
- 2 x semi-balanced rudders with tillers & cross-arm
- Optional – Autopilot
- Optional – twin-axle road trailer
The Queen berth (1.6m) is accessible from both sides (no climbing over your partner) and forms a forward-facing couch for reading or watching the world go by, with storage space above and below the bed.
The galley counter top and attached storage unit create a generous work-area, and inwards to form a 2-man dinette. Centralized, it covers the sink and gas 2-burner cooker.
Both the WC and shower open outboard, onto the side decks, handily separating noises, smells and steam from the master cabin.
Doors opening onto the side decks, and a large opening forward window provide excellent ventilation.
Most of your time afloat is spent in the cockpit.
The Nutshell26 is all cockpit, with a 3.8m x 4.0m open plan space for eating, drinking, barbecuing and relaxing. In inclement weather, canvas awnings with clear windows drop down to close the entire cockpit area, creating an ambient, wind-free, and safe environment.
Two trampolines offer an additional lounging area at the front of the boat.
Twin 6KW electric pod-motors drive the boat at 5 knots. Slower cruising speeds conserve battery life for longer trips. Controls are ‘fly-by-wire’ joystick or twin hand- throttles.